WHAT’S NEW v4.0:
This was a major release, especially for Apple Watch users, as the extension was rewritten from scratch with a lot more functionality, taking advantage of Watch OS 2.0-4.0 features. A quick preview:
New Watch Features:
– Moon Phase view added to the first screen, moon/sun rise/set times on second screen.
– New (third) screen with the Xasteria weather report.
– Reticle zoom slider.
– Ability to switch mode (Polar Alignment, Bubble Level, Day Alignment, Moon Phase) from the watch.
– Day/night mode switch on the watch.
– Watch type is now automatically detected (manual setting removed)
– Better refresh rate for Bubble level and Day alignment.
Main app changes:
-iPhone X’s Home indicator bar becomes dark when “Night mode” is “on”. (Pro)
-Celestron 7×50 Polaris Finder added.
-“Tool Settings” button in main settings (for global settings previously only reachable through Xasteria). (Pro)
-Moon Phase: Current moon altitude in degrees is shown.
-Calculators: General relativity time dilation and Celsius/Fahrenheit added, default values on all calculators. Long hold on the result of a calculator gives you the option to copy the value.
-Bubble Level: Various improvements including a calibration level display for the compass. (Pro)
-Xasteria weather: Added FAQ, a Fahrenheit/Celsius setting separate from Metric/Imperial (useful in the UK etc) and the background color on the main weather view now shows you whether it is day/twilight/night. (Pro)
-DSO Database: “Sort by distance from me” on search item applies to full list. Return to top button added. Improved the “Point to the sky” function in the Sorting menu with a continuous refresh when you hold the “Select Point” button.
-Lunar calendar: Swipe left/right changes month, Moon phase description added. (Pro)
-Several visual tweaks, most notably a new icon and help fixes/additions.